Monday 5 September 2011

Canadian Tuxedo.

Canadian Tuxedo - aka 'Double Denim' is one tricky trend. You can either look like you have taken Cher's song literally and 'Turned back time', or you can either wear a little blush and pull it off with some confidence. I for one have been unsure about this tricky trend for some time now fearing that I could look like a total fool. I walked past a vintage shop window today dedicated to the trend and it inspired me...

Here are some blushion' stylish fashionistas working the Canadian Tuxedo...

From French Vogue. I love pairing pumps with rolled up jeans.

The ever so stylish Alexa Chung for Pepe Jeans

 Even David Beckham added some blush into this trend. A stylish man he is.

Tux on the streets. Double denim works when contrast tones and textures are put together.

Take note. This is how you should NOT wear the Canadian Tux. I know couple dressing is all the rave at the moment thanks to The Kooples, but you would most definitely not have Blushion' Style if you team this trend with couple dressing.


 Canadian tuxedo vintage shop window. Surry Hills. My inspiration.

 Shirt - Vintage. Jeans - Wrangler. Shoes - Nu & Nan. Aviators - Ray-Ban. Bag - Vintage.  Lipstick - Mac (Cyber) .

A lovely sunny day at the Sydney Fish Markets enjoying oysters, sashimi, seaweed salad and white wine in my Canadian Tux.


2 comments: