Sunday 8 April 2012

FASHION WEEK HIGHLIGHTS: MILAN, MILAN.

LUISA BECCARIA

A collection fit for a princess. Luisa Beccaria's Fall collection was full of beautiful laces and pencil skirts in romantic fields of cream and porcelain. What I love most about this collection though is the soft make up and hair. The models looked like they just fell down from heaven where they like to spend their days playing beautiful music on their golden harps. The collection lent itself to a Valentino/Elie Saab-esque kind of vibe, which was probably why I was drawn to it in the first place.

TER ET BANTINE


Tel et Bantine is a whole collection wasn't that impressive. I did however love the heavy use of leather and the overall darkeness and vibe. My 3 favourite pieces are posted above. This great leather peplum shell top, this awesome, awesome jumpsuit, which I can't think of anyone non model height would look good in and this cute grey swing jacket.



VERSACE

Dontella Versace just reminded me why I dislike her so much as a fashion designer. First of all I wouldn't have bothered to post a Versace collection if it wasn't for 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' refernece. Yes she used my favourite heroin as an inspiration and came up with this! Don't even get me started on the tacky V logos and unflattering hints of canary yellows and oranges. Don't get me wrong though. There are some ok pieces like the peplum bodice dresses, but that's only because I have a soft spot for peplums. Botton line, both Rooney Mara and Noomi Rapace are better than this. Well, at least Lisbeth Salander is.


Milan's Fall show was pretty dissapointing. It was abit of a struggle to choose a whole collection I genuinely loved. Sorry for the negativetity but I expected more from Milan. Hopefully Paris will be better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment